- Are you between the ages of 16-24?
- Do you reside in Chautauqua County?
- Are you looking for help with your education?
- Do you need help getting a job?
If the answer is YES, we may be able to help you! If you are seeking assistance in finding employment or getting your High School Equivelency (HSE), we offer specialized services for eligible Youth & Young Adults.
We can also help college-bound Youth & Young Adults with career choices and funding opportunities.
Who Can we help?
Low income Youth & Young Adults with one or more of the following barriers.
- Criminal background
- Lack of education including basic skills
- Disabled (learning, physical, emotional)
- Homeless/Foster Child/Runaway
Click here for a full list of barriers.
How can we help?
With the help of our Youth Navigators, we provide or link you to the following services:
- Paid Work Experience
- Occupational Skills Training
- Workforce Preparation
- Leadership Development
- Supportive Services
- Counseling Services
- Financial Literacy
- Entreprenurial Skills Training
- Labor Market Information
- Post Secondary Educational Services
- Follow-Up Services
We offer incentives!Earn $100+ for employment retention, enrolling in college, getting your High School Equivelency (HSE) and more!
- Links to services to help you stay and succeed in high school.
- Links to tutoring and Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) services.
- Search for specific colleges, majors, occupations, locations, interests, etc.
- Scholarship searches.
- Career assessments
- Information on careers, required training and/or education, labor market information, salaries, and job outlook.
- Interest, skill and work value surveys.
- Counseling to help you make decisions for your future.
- Local trainings to help you prepare for work (ex. OSHA).
Help Getting and Keeping a Job
- Resume and cover letter assistance.
- Help completing job applications.
- Tips on how to interview successfully.
- Latest job leads.
- Department of Labor information.
- Work experience opportunities.
- $$ for driver's permit/license.
- Work clothes and more!!
Did you Know?
- Those with a High School Diploma or High School Equivelent (HSE) accumulate ten times more wealth thatn those without.
- HSE's are accepted by all public and most private colleges and universities.
- In New York State, over 1 million people who lack a High School diploma or HSE have a combined accumulated wealth of $540 million dollars; while those with a HSE or High School Diploma number around 2 million, but have accumulated wealth equal to $9.8 BILLION dollars.
- HSE graduates, on average, earn $2,040 more a year than high school dropouts.
- HSE graduates who attend community colleges, on average, perform as well academically as high school graduates.
- HSE graduates are more likely to be employed full-time than high school dropouts.
- About half of HSE graduates attend two or four-year colleges.
- Employment rate of those without a HSE or High School Diploma is 45% vs. those with a High School Diploma or HSE is 68%.
- Young adults between the ages of 16 - 24, on average, earn $15,149 dollars. Those young adults without their High School Diploma or HSE earned $8,358 dollars.
- Obtaining a HSE allows you to apply for jobs and education programs that require a High School Diploma.
Contact one of our Youth Navigators for more information.